Instagram

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

"I'm no Disney princess, yet he gave me a fairytale."

good day ~ world! 
It took me a long time to muster up the confidence and start a blog.. even if I know only a few people will read it for the time being. I used to keep up blog writing back in the Xanga/AA days - but apparently blogger has the cool kid traffic nowadays.

Well, as they say, there are only so many tomorrows! My passion is for all things creative - and for now it's been expressing itself through food, nails, accessories, and.. food :) 

Here my story starts.


For his gradball, I chose the theme of dancing in the moonlight. A romantic panoramic scene in the stars with a couple in their own moment, wishing on a shooting star.

This base was the most opaque essie colour I've ever used. It applied very nicely, very smoothly and only required 2 coats. 

I sponged a gradient on 3 fingers of my left hand and 1 on my right to portray the night sky (Gotta put the complicated stuff on the left hand (; ...I'm obviously a righty). 

With NUBAR's nail art pens I detailed the dancing silhouettes (based off a random google image) and a tree. Finally, using the dotting tool with the finest point, I printed stars on the minuscule scene.







PRODUCTS USED:
ESSIE - BOBBING FOR BAUBLES (base)
JOE FRESH - PERSIAN BLUE (sky gradient)
ESSIE - LIMO SCENE (moon)


This design was very inspiring to me.. even with its dark toned atmosphere, their light and love is unmistakable.  It was a fun night and my nail colours matched my navy dress better than I thought :) One thing's for sure.. engineers can work hard And play hard.



Con'GRAD'ulations to my prince charming! 
Thank you for always supporting my endeavors, 
I'll be by your side to support yours 'happily ever after.


1 comment:

  1. A wonderful first post from the bestest gf in the world!

    <3 k.

    ReplyDelete